Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. FAQ: Since we are moving to semi-annual billing for the annual dues, what will I need to pay before I can get boat sticker?
Answer: In order to receive your 2018 boat sticker the following is what will need to be paid:
· First half annual dues assessment= $87.50
· First half capital improvement fund assessment= $17.50*
· Lake access fee=$50
· Cost of sticker= $60 (powered), $30 (non-power)
*This is assuming the amendment passes for the capital improvement fund
2. FAQ: Is the $35 capital improvement fund assessment included in the increase in annual dues?
Answer: No, the capital improvement fund assessment will be billed in addition to the annual dues
3. FAQ: When is the effective date of these changes?
Answer: Increase will be effective for the March 1, 2018 billing
4. FAQ: What will happen if the amendments do not get enough votes to pass?
Answer: Unfortunately we will have to delay many needed repairs and several community docks will likely have to be torn down and not rebuilt this winter as they are unsafe. Ultimately we will all be negatively impacted as our property values decline due to inaction. Other lake communities are expanding and improving their amenities which will help attract new owners to their community and increase their property values.
5. FAQ: When the ballots be sent out and when do they have to be returned?
Answer: Ballots will go out first week of November and will need to be postmarked no later than November 17th.
6. FAQ: Can you provide a comparison of the change in total cost for someone who does not use the lake amenities?
Answer: Your total cost will go from $100 to $210 ($175 annual dues and $35 capital improvement fund assessment) to be billed in semi-annual installments
7. FAQ: Can you provide a comparison of the change in total cost for someone who uses the lake and has 1 power boat?
Answer: Your total cost will go from $210 ($100 annual dues, $50 lake access, and $60 boat sticker) to $320 ($175 annual dues, $35 capital improvement fund assessment, $50 lake access, and $60 boat sticker) to be billed in semi-annual installments